The #1 Most Profitable Skill Is To Become A Sales Infiltrator, Here’s Why With Ben Gay III
Ben Gay III is a legendary figure in the world of salesmanship and direct selling. He’s a world-famous sales trainer, author, consultant, and speaker. And WOW, he still sells on a daily basis. This is a not-to-miss episode.
Ben Gay III has been the #1 salesperson at every single company with which he has been associated. It's not surprising that his book series, The Closers, is the most powerful book on selling ever written with over 3,000,000 copies sold.
Travis reveals in this interview that his favorite chapter on selling is the final chapter from the book, The Closer – Part 2, where Ben outlines how to become a ‘Sales Infiltrator’.
In this episode, Ben tells us multiple stories on how to become an effective closer in a modern world where salesmen are considered to be liars, cheats and thieves.
You won’t want to miss Ben riffing about the legends of personal development and sales that made it big in the industry and how those same individuals suffered life’s ups and downs (just like us).
There is much to learn from this brilliant man and it is an honor have Ben Gay III on the Make Marketing AWESOME show talking about how to properly present an offer.
BIG IDEAS FROM BEN GAY III
- 03:30 – What is a Sales Infiltrator?
- 06:20 – How to make your sales problem go away
- 07:02 – Learn the idea behind Closing
- 08:01 – How to be a person of class
- 08:53 – Ben Gay’s lays out his 86% closing rate formula
- 11:18 – How to build a team that’s solving a common problem
- 13:21 – The script, “I can work with you in one of two ways”
- 13:54 – How to become a trusted adviser
- 14:45 – Why sales people are generally regarded as liars, cheats and thieves
- 15:27 – The all-time greatest salesperson
- 16:12 – How to build a reputation of not cheating
- 17:20 – The slow talking salesman who wants to work with you
- 18:22 – Learn about the American sales masters (get five referrals wherever you go)
- 19:30 – The story of the “One cold call in a 40 years career”
- 21:15 – How to be a human being and live with integrity
- 23:14 – Letting go of records
- 25:10 – Why you don’t say “it can’t be done”
- 25:36 – 1,582 and why this number matters
- 25:55 – Learn why sales is something you get to do, not that you have to do
- 26:25 – How to approach selling (through the lens of hating selling)
- 27:25 – How to up level your sales skills on a day to day basis
- 28:53 – On meeting Zig Ziglar for the first time
- 31:20 – Learn the recruiting scripts (and profit)
- 34:43 – Know the story behind “The Secret Prize”
- 35:16 – Discover the most effective presentation (use it over and over again)
- 38:00 – What is scripting and discipline
- 38:54 – Why “No battle plan survives 1st contact with the enemy”
- 41:15 – The story about “The unopened book”
- 43:28 – Meeting Napoleon Hill
- 44:16 – The truth about Think and Grow Rich
- 46:33 – Famous businessmen backstories (when they were broke)
- 48:23 – How to come back from a devastation
- 51:25 – What’s there to learn from crashing and burning
- 52:19 – Why you should use a story to close the sale
- 56:01 – How to make people more receptive to the sale
- 59:25 – Why it is important that you start listening to what your buyer says
- 59:30 – Hear a great Zig Ziglar story from Ben
- 60:40 – The old measure of success – UPDATED
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
Thank you so very much for tuning-in to the Make Marketing AWESOME Show. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the side of this page.
Also, if you'd like have a question or topic you'd like to know more about we want to get A's to your Q's. Submit your question or suggestion by going to www.superfunnel.com/ask.
Lastly, make sure you get auto-magic updates every time a new season of the podcast goes live by clicking the logo of your preferred podcast player below.
Be the first to know, subscribe to the show.